And I'm Off!

6:25 PM

My flight's already delayed, I'm still not quite done packing, I don't actually think I remember any French, and I don't know what classes I'm taking but #yolo (still a thing, right?) I'm off to Tours, France! Seeing as my friends have lovingly decided I'm going to be the abroad guinea pig/practice child whose mistakes they will learn from, I will be posting the good, the bad, and the everything in-between of my abroad experiences right here for you all to read. Do I have any idea what I'm getting into? Not at all. Am I good at playing the "dumb blonde American" card? You bet... so, let's see how far that'll get me.

Now, for the details:
My program is through Bucknell so there are 15 of us plus our professor
I'll be based in Tours, France with a host family (@ my family: sorry in advance for the whole gluten issue, please don't hate me)
I'll be studying at the Université François Rabelais, aka taking classes in French, aka Google Translating all of my classes
Call me, beep me through Facebook/Whatsapp/Skype/Email/anything else I'm forgetting

I figured I'd start this blog by making a list of things I'll miss about the US of A and things I won't miss...we'll see if these change at all throughout the semester

Things I'll Miss (not necessarily in a particular order):
1. My family/friends/boyfriend
2. Sawyer, my dog (deserving of his own number...don't forget about me)
3. Peanut butter (yes, I'm taking a jar with me)
4. Da Buck
5. My full closet (looking at you, mom, everything better be right where I left it when I get back)
6. Speaking English/not playing charades in every conversation ever

Things I Won't Miss (again not in any order):
1. Having to drive everywhere
2. Slow walkers (#MOVE)
3. The drinking age
4. Hearing about politics every second of every day (#overit)
5. Unfashionable people (hello, Paris!)
6. Going to school in the literally the most remote area of the country (or maybe in the Northeast...@ the 'Burg)

I'm sure I'm missing a ton of things but I'm like semi-coherent right now because I definitely still have yet to wrap my mind around the fact that I'm actually leaving so soon, so bear with me.

I'll try to update this as much as possible throughout my trip so stay tuned!

You Might Also Like

0 comments